Associate Media Director - Programmatic
First, a little about us:
- Born in 2000 as an ad agency for the video game community
- 45 teammates in 2016, 95 today
- Our employee turnover is ~8% annually
- Ad agency partner for Cyberpunk 2077, Tomb Raider, Marvel’s Avengers, Doom, Fallout, PUBG, and more! See our work at www.liquidarcade.com
- Our clients are growing fast in the current economic climate — and so are we
- This position is Covid-remote and will report to our El Segundo, CA headquarters once we reopen our offices
If you’re a media leader who loves consulting with media strategy teams on all things programmatic, we want you to help us make a big impact on the world of video games. Our clients are long-standing, our team is experienced and cohesive, and we’re looking for an innovative programmatic leader to take our programmatic function to the next level.
At Liquid+Arcade, we’ve been helping video game publishers and entertainment companies build their global fanbases for more than 20 years. We start with bringing big ideas and focused strategy to help our clients transform their videogame into a cultural phenomenon, then execute digital campaigns down to the last detail through display, social, page takeovers, digital video, and every other channel we believe will be effective.
What you’ll do
As a senior member of our programmatic team, you’ll lead and coach a team of 4-5 programmatic specialists and associates from brief to execution. Leveraging your encyclopedic knowledge of programmatic trading, partners and strategy, you’ll serve as one of our agency’s thought leaders, building credibility with media strategy teams and clients.
In our world of video game marketing, as in the games themselves, competition is fierce. You’ll understand how to synthesize data into big communications and media plans that engage fanbases, help drive the client pitch, and deliver positive and effective collaborations with our experienced media teams.
Your work product will be a match for the level of entertainment our clients produce.
Much of our team has been with us for years, despite a red-hot market with a lot of options. We believe this is the result of a collaborative culture where individuals are free to migrate toward their interests, and where learning is a constant.
Your main responsibilities
- Lead – by influence and example – our programmatic trading team of 4-5 individual contributors and supervisors based in Los Angeles and Warsaw, Poland
- Lead quality control for your team’s work in a variety of programmatic platforms and DSPs
- Drive the analysis, collaboration, and thinking behind strategies that find new audiences and efficiencies for our clients in a crowded entertainment market
- Collaborate, and build credibility, with media strategy teams through the agency as an internal trading desk function
- Remain accountable for team alignment and the quality of ongoing campaign delivery
- Keep the fans front-of-mind all-the-time
Your experience and attributes
- 4+ years of progressively responsible experience in the advertising industry
- 2+ years of hands-on-keyboard programmatic display and video trading experience overseeing trading operations, including planning, managing, buying, pacing, and testing programmatic campaigns using DV360 and/or The Trade Desk
- 2+ years of direct-report people management
- Substantial experience as a programmatic consultant to multiple internal media teams
- Client contact experience, including reporting, POVs, pitch contributions, and serving as subject matter expert on all things programmatic
- Expert knowledge of the programmatic partnership landscape, including DSPs, DMPs, ad servers, third-party ad verification and fraud prevention platforms, and other partnerships
Other preferred attributes to highlight in your application
- University degree
The perks we offer
Base salary for this position is competitive with other ad agencies and trading desks in the Los Angeles market. Our teams also enjoy fully paid premiums for comprehensive health insurance, generous paid time off plans, and the opportunity for an annual bonus. Management treats us like ballers, even while remote, and before quarantine we traveled to Hawaii, Cabo, and New Orleans together the last three years.
Liquid+Arcade is committed to creating an anti-racist environment. We’re building an ad agency where committed and creative people from all backgrounds can do their best work.
It’s easy to express your interest in this role. Please send along your resume, a note of introduction, and (if you have one) a link to evidence of your programmatic prowess to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies, please. This is a pretty good representation of this position’s responsibilities but is not a comprehensive job description. Duties, clients, and team assignments may change as assigned. We regret we cannot consider applicants outside of the United States or those requiring visa sponsorship at this time.
Contact email@example.com for inquiries.