Associate Media Director
First, a little about us:
- Born in 2000 as an ad agency for the video game community
- 45 teammates in 2016, 100 today
- Our employee turnover has been ~8% annually
- Ad agency partner for Cyberpunk 2077, Tomb Raider, Marvel’s Avengers, Doom, Fallout, PUBG, and more! See our work at www.liquidarcade.com
- Our clients are growing fast in the current economic climate — and so are we
- This position is covid-remote and will report to our El Segundo, CA headquarters once we reopen our offices
If you’re a digital media leader with supervisory experience under your belt, it’s time for you to play with us! Our clients are long-standing, our team is experienced and cohesive, and we’re looking for an associate director to add to our team of video game marketing experts.
At Liquid+Arcade, we’ve been helping video game publishers build their global fanbases for more than 20 years. We start with bringing big ideas and focused strategy to help our clients transform their videogame into a cultural phenomenon, then execute digital campaigns down to the last detail through display, social, page takeovers, digital video, and every other channel we believe will be effective.
What you’ll do
As our next AMD, you’ll directly manage a team of supervisors while serving as client lead for a group of our clients’ titles. In our world, marketing a video game is as fierce a competition as you’ll find while playing the games themselves. You’ll manage the overall health of client relationships, working with your team to ensure high satisfaction on the client side while building and motivating a team of experienced full-cycle media strategists.
Much of our team has been with us for years, despite a red-hot market with a lot of options. We believe this is the result of a collaborative culture where individuals are free to migrate toward their interests, and where learning is a constant.
Your main responsibilities
- Take full management responsibility for a paid media strategy and buying team team of 4-8 professionals
- Ensure a healthy and growing relationship with a group of our clients
- Serve as strategic leader for media planning and execution, signing off on plans and serving as a senior coach and mentor
- Keep the fans front-of-mind all-the-time
Your experience and attributes
- 5+ years of paid media experience, with a track record of promotion starting as an associate
- 2+ years of direct management experience, which at a minimum should include senior individual contributors on a paid media team
- Substantial knowledge of the paid media landscape, including direct buy, paid social, programmatic, CTV/OOT, and partner relationships
Other preferred attributes to highlight in your application
- University degree
- Experience in delivering paid digital media campaigns for the entertainment and/or video game segments
- Experience with pitching new services into existing accounts
- Being a fan of video games and pop culture!
The perks we offer
Base salary for this role is commensurate with major digital agencies in the LA market. You’ll also be eligible for a generous annual bonus plan.
Our people also enjoy fully paid premiums for comprehensive health insurance, generous paid time off plans, and 100% match on 401k savings. Management treats us like ballers, even while remote, and before lockdown we traveled to Hawaii, Cabo, and New Orleans together the last three years.
Liquid+Arcade is committed to creating an anti-racist environment. We’re building an ad agency where committed and creative people from all backgrounds can do their best work.
It’s easy to express your interest in this role. Please send along your resume, a note of introduction, and (if you have one) a link to evidence of your media work to email@example.com.
No agencies, please. This is a pretty good representation of this position’s responsibilities but is not a comprehensive job description. Duties, clients, and team assignments may change as assigned. We regret we cannot consider applicants outside of the United States or those requiring visa sponsorship at this time.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.