We don’t market to consumers. We build fanbases. And we’d like you to join the madness.
If you’re a creative director with experience on major entertainment accounts and a background in art, we want you to help us make a big impact. Our clients are long-timers, our team is experienced and cohesive, and we’re all looking for a boss-level innovator to make beautiful work together.
At Liquid+Arcade, we’ve been helping video game publishers build their global fanbases for more than 20 years. We start with bringing big ideas and focused strategy to help our clients transform their property into a cultural phenomenon, then execute digital campaigns down to the last detail through display, social, page takeovers, digital video, and every other channel we believe will be effective.
We’ve helped gaming franchises such as Overwatch, Tomb Raider, Cyberpunk 2077, Final Fantasy, Sonic the Hedgehog, Marvel’s Avengers, and many others build and grow their fanbases.
What’s this all about?
As one of our Creative Directors, you’ll lead the creative strategy development from brief to execution as part of a fully-realized cross-functional team.
You’ll be able to synthesize data into big ideas that engage fanbases, lead the pitch, then provide positive direction to an experienced art team to deliver. Our clientele is demanding. Your ideas and visual concepts will be a match for the level of entertainment our clients produce.
Much of our team has been with us for years, despite a red-hot market with a lot of options. We believe this is the result of a collaborative culture where individuals are free to migrate toward their interests, and where learning is a constant.
Your main responsibilities
- Collaborate with the team to deliver top-quality creative for all aspects of digital campaigns
- Develop big ideas with a wide variety of platforms as strategic components: display, social, takeovers, video, out-of-home, and the rest of the evolving digital landscape
- Lead – by influence and example – a tenured strategic creative team and selected freelancers
- Pitch creative and strategic plans to senior client leadership, from small startup games with potential to well-established AAA entertainment properties, as well as work in adjacent industries
- Remain accountable for team alignment and the quality of campaign deliverables
- We make content for fans like us – think of them first
Your experience and attributes
- Substantial experience producing breakthrough digital campaigns to win fans for major entertainment brands, as reflected in a portfolio of award-winning work and brilliant strategic thinking
- Senior experience in the agency world leading distributed, matrixed teams
- Degrees and years of experience are nice but we’re really starting with what your book says about you
The perks we offer
Our people enjoy fully paid premiums for comprehensive health insurance, 100% match for 401(k) savings, generous paid time off, and a well-funded bonus plan. This position is ideally based in Los Angeles but can be remote for well-qualified United States-based candidates.
Liquid+Arcade is committed to creating an anti-racist environment. We’re building an ad agency where committed and creative people from all backgrounds can do their best work.
It’s easy to express your interest in this role. Please send along your resume, a note of introduction, and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. Note that we’ll consider your application at once, and require a link to your portfolio. We’ll consider your application at once.
No agencies, please. This is a pretty good description of this job’s responsibilities but is not a comprehensive job description and is subject to change. We regret we cannot consider applicants outside of the United States or those requiring visa sponsorship at this time.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.