First, a little about us:
- Born in 2000 as an ad agency for the video game industry
- 45 teammates in 2016, 95 today
- Our employee turnover is ~8% annually
- Ad agency partner for Cyberpunk 2077, Tomb Raider, Overwatch, Marvel’s Avengers, Doom, Fallout, PUBG, and many more! See our work at www.liquidarcade.com
- Our clients are growing fast in the current economic climate — and so are we
- This position is covid-remote and will eventually be based in our El Segundo, CA headquarters once we reopen our offices– but we could be talked into a permanently remote situation for the right person
If you’re a senior design professional who loves driving big ideas for top entertainment clients, here’s an opportunity to make a huge impact in the world of videogames and other entertainment markets! Our clients are long-standing, our team is experienced and cohesive, and we’re looking for an innovative design leader to take our digital campaigns to the next level.
At Liquid+Arcade, we’ve been helping video game publishers and entertainment companies build their global fanbases for more than 20 years. We have a reputation of punching above our weight, winning global entertainment clients in competition with much larger agencies. Our approach starts with bringing big ideas and focused strategy to help every client transform their video game into a cultural phenomenon, then executing digital-first campaigns down to the last detail through display, social, page takeovers, digital video, and every other channel we believe will be effective.
What you’ll do
As a senior member of our design team, you’ll be the person driving key looks for campaign development. We’re looking for you to have a killer portfolio with hands-on work executing brilliant work for entertainment clients, from pitch to execution. You’ll also work with our production team to ensure they’re iterating your amazing work consistently across channels.
In our world of video game marketing, competition is fierce. You’ll understand how to synthesize creative strategy into breakthrough design that drives pitches and engages fanbases.
Your work product will be a match for the level of entertainment our clients produce.
Much of our team has been with us for years, despite a red-hot market with a lot of options. We believe this is the result of a collaborative culture where individuals are free to migrate toward their interests, and where learning and improving is a constant.
Your main responsibilities
- Working from creative briefs and audience insights, you’ll design pitches and campaigns for major entertainment clients
- You’ll also balance an ability to defend your ideas within a strong culture of collaboration, and be comfortable with an agile iteration process
- Our production team will look to you for keeping campaign assets on strategy
Your experience and attributes
- 4+ years of progressively responsible experience in the advertising industry
- Portfolio with thoughtful and beautiful work for major entertainments clients is a requirement
- Love for, and examples of, world-class typography, storytelling, and interaction design
- An optimistic nature with a high level of ownership for the work
- You share our drive to overdeliver and make every project better than the last
Other preferred attributes to highlight in your application
- University degree
The perks we offer
Base salary for this position is competitive with other ad agencies in the Los Angeles market. Our teams also enjoy fully paid premiums for comprehensive health insurance, generous paid time off, and the opportunity for an annual bonus. Management treats us like ballers, even while remote, and before quarantine we traveled to Hawaii, Cabo, and New Orleans together the last three years.
Liquid+Arcade is committed to creating an anti-racist environment. We’re building an ad agency where committed and creative people from all backgrounds can do their best work.
It’s easy to express your interest in this role. Please send along your resume, a note of introduction, and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact email@example.com for inquiries.